Many people write these blog postings. All of us belong to a group called SLY (St. Luke Youth) and we are on a mission. Our mission took us to the city in the middle of the desert where there are a lot of homeless people. Our group is going to try and make their lives a little bit better. We think that our friends, family and other people out there should hear the stories of these people, and how they have changed our lives forever. Here is our story.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MY FEET HURT >> AND OTHER THINGS THAT DON’T REALLY MATTER!

It’s 9pm on Wednesday evening and my feet hurt! But that’s OK. It doesn’t really matter because I so enjoyed watching our kids work so dang hard painting 16 of the 27 Transitional Housing Rooms today >> and I really enjoyed having a BBQ with about 40 of the residents who are living there while they are getting their life together >> and I was really touched by the conversations in the van on the way home and the discussions I had earlier in the day with my team. Lives are being changed this week. So my hurting feet don’t really matter. And besides, my feet are not nearly as dirty as Stephanie’s and Megan’s feet!!
















<-- Stephanie's Foot! The right one, I think.













It didn’t really matter because Dick called me at 6:50 AM said he was ready to go to Home Depot and pick up a $1000 worth of paint, where was I? I was so tired from getting home the night before at 12:30 AM I probably would have slept right through to breakfast AND THEN I would have started getting multiple and many text messages from these teenagers about paying for their coveted breakfast buffet and their even more highly desired Starbucks java jolt! But all that really didn’t matter because our teens were sooo appreciative to have been able to go out and have some fun last night after working all day in the Three Square Food Warehouse.





Bye for now as it is time for devotions.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. You, Scott, and the other adults are to be thanked. What a blessing you are for the kids (OK, so the price of admission in this young person's sport is sore feet). I'd do anything to have sore feet with you. You and the other adults are a great witness to what I tell confirmands that I wish for them: that when it comes to their turn, that they will have faith witness enough to stand in front of the confirmands of their adult life and enjoy the rolling of their eyes in order for the opportunity to witness to them, teach them, and pass on the great Lutheran tradition of learning and catacumenizing (is that a word?).

    For them to be able to witness that they can have fun, be in Las Vegas, and still enjoy the beauty of life no matter where they are, well, as the VISA ad says, "priceless."

    living there while they are getting their life together

    ReplyDelete