Many people write these blog postings. All of us belong to a group called SLY (St. Luke Youth) and we are on a mission. Our mission took us to the city in the middle of the desert where there are a lot of homeless people. Our group is going to try and make their lives a little bit better. We think that our friends, family and other people out there should hear the stories of these people, and how they have changed our lives forever. Here is our story.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello, I am Cara,

I have just recently finished the SLY Las Vegas logo! I can't believe we are going to be leaving so soon. It feels like we got back from New Orleans just a couple of weeks ago. I know we will be working really hard down there but I am prepared for it. I even have my finished packing list,

water
painting clothes
water
sunscreen
a water bottle
and,
an old pair of shoes

Can we go somewhere cold next time Scott?

I am very excited to help out with the homeless people of Las Vegas, they deserve respect just like the rest of us. I don't want another thing to write on my resume, I just want to make someone smile. We are going to do quality work because the people down there deserve it! We are going to go above and beyond our expectations and make a difference in someone's life. This trip isn't about me or SLY it's about God's people, us.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Bryan. I've been at St. Luke for the past 5 years now, which seems like decades ago when I started. But everyone in SLY are more than just friends, These crazy kids are my family, and I'd walk to the ends of the earth for them. They always know how to be supportive and non-judgmental(Except for my taste in music). I know that I am changing everyday thanks to the people and leaders of SLY. This trip will show me a world outside of my own and help me develop a better understanding of these people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if they can feel your smile on their resume, it will be one of the best thing "written" on your resume.

    ReplyDelete