Many people write these blog postings. All of us belong to a group called SLY (St. Luke Youth) and we are on a mission. Our mission took us to the city in the middle of the desert where there are a lot of homeless people. Our group is going to try and make their lives a little bit better. We think that our friends, family and other people out there should hear the stories of these people, and how they have changed our lives forever. Here is our story.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hey, I'm Hailey

Every year I sit in the pew of our church and listen to SLY members tell how the mission trip they went on changed their lives. I've heard about New Orleans and the Super Dome, Mexico and the house building, and many many more. Every year I am amazed how these people that I've known for years grew up even more then I thought possible. Every year I wish even more that I could be like them. Now I am one of them. I grow more each day that I spend with these amazing people. Without their love and support I honestly don't know who I would be. But now I'm going on a HUGE adventure with them. An adventure that will change who we are and how we see the world. We will come back with new understanding and new friendships. It's time to tell my story and maybe, just maybe, inspire someone as my predecessors inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Road trips, summer mission trips, summer camps. You describe all most of us experienced them when we went on them. And you are doing it as in Vaya con Dios, going with God. You have learned to not only step out of your comfort zone, you have extended your comfort zone to widen your world and make it easier to put on the coat of comfort with stranger wherever you go. Comfort with others, comfort with The Companion. All for the Good.

    ReplyDelete